So. I'm currently working on one of my scientific reports for my coral reef ecology class. We have to write it in a specific journal format and I have a page limit. Now, I never thought I would ever have a problem with page limits because I'm usually too concise, but now it seems like I'm cutting things out left and right. I have a 6 page limit, I'm at 4 pages and I haven't even touched my introduction or my discussion/conclusion yet. Plus now I have to sift through all of these articles to try to find evidence for what I find or explanations for disproving this and that. Either way, I have to finish this bad boy for 4pm on friday so I have tonight and tomorrow to get it together. Hence why I'm already on my 3rd cup of black tea, which apparently has more caffeine that coffee. Oh joy. It's only been 40 minutes. I think this means I will not be sleeping this evening.
On top of all that, I'm ridiculously stressed and preoccupied because I finally got that phone call about switching dorms. At this point I've already put some roots down here and I'm already completely settled in, so I have NO clue if I'm going to switch over or not. Of all the days to get that phone call, why today? And why did it have to come in the middle of my nap this morning?
Other than those little fiascoes, things are still going well. I got my first practical write up back for my invertebrate biology class and I was happy with the result based on how unclear the directions I had to go off of were. I ended up with a D, which is just below HD, their highest mark. It stands for High Distinction and Distinction. Basically what it means is that i got an 80% and all I need is another 5% points to get an HD. Once again, I'm happy with it seeing as I had really no idea what I was doing or what to expect and I'm positive I will master the two that are due next week.
I don't think I'll be making it to water polo this evening. I really want to churn out as much of this report as possible. And besides, I think they are doing some crazy swim set tonight that I really don't want to take part in. Last time I almost threw up dinner and that was just doing water polo style IM's with an underwater length between each stroke.
Okay! That is enough distraction from this report so I'm going to get back to it. Hopefully I will have another section done by dinner time in an hour :)
Well, glad to hear that you're seeing some early success, and a little surprised by the page limit on this report. Sounds like the prof wants to limit how much he/she has to read. Good luck, though.
ReplyDeleteAs for the room, don't dwell on it. Check out the new digs, see what you think, and then just make a quick decision. You can't be wrong, so don't let it linger and cause any more stress. If you're comfortable where you're at, fine.
I've always admired your focus on your school work. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteYou seemed to really want GR before. Check and see what the room is like, who the neighbors are, etc., and then go from there! You'll have friends wherever you're at, DUH.