So far its been a pretty eventful past few days. I went to a classy cocktail party on saturday and had LOADS of fun. After hanging out there during the day I made it back to my dorm around 8pm because everyone was schwasted as it started at 2:30pm. I got to spend the rest of the night with some cool kids at my dorm playing some card games and some uno, which surprisingly I didn't win. Oh well. At one point I ate an entire family share pack of tim tams which was NOT a good idea. For those of you who don't know, that is 20 1.5x2.5x.5 inch very rich chocolatey cookies. Needless to say I had to remove those from my system and ended up getting hit in the face by a tree while walking through a shrubby/woodsy area to take care of things. This was how I obtained my first battle scar of the evening which appears as an inch long very red scratch right below my right eye. classy.
My second..and third and fourth battle scars came this evening at water polo. A lot of new people came this week which was really really exciting! There was even another girl who showed up that plays for the australian national team. Anyways, there is this guy from france who they call "frenchie" and he is a beast. He throws his shots so hard that I was terrified to be in goal to block his shots, thank god he hits post a lot. But anyways, I was guarding him during a drill and he jacked me in the face pretty hard. That hurt a lot. I don't think I'll get any bruising and my nose doesn't seem to be broken, but things are a little red so far. We also play this game to determine who gets ball possession for half court play. They call it underwater rugby, and as you can imagine, it is basically a free-for-all of people jumping on one another in the shallow end and trying to grab the ball which is to be moved across the pool underwater and then touched to the pool deck on the other side to score a point. I can feel a large bruise developing on one of my thighs and I have various grab marks on my forearms. This game was AWESOME. But yeah, the people at water polo are great! They are really funny and huge goofballs and I have a lot of fun when I'm there. They asked me to come and play some touch rugby this wednesday because they need some more girls to play. Should be a good time!
And for now I'm back to getting my homework done so I can go out tomorrow on cheap tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment