Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Water Polo!

Today started off pretty hard. I stayed up really late talking to my neighbor last night (until 2am) and then I had to wake up at 8 this morning to get ready for class at 9. Class ended at 10 and I proceeded to take an hour long nap until I had to leave for my practical at 11:30. Prac ended at 1 instead of 12:50 so I was a little late getting to part two of my invertebrate biology class and ALMOST considered not going because I was so dang tired and those lectures are so boring, but I was a good student and I went.

Anywho, after class I got my water polo things and headed back to GR with lisa to do a little bit of reading and maybe just bum around until dinner at 5:45 and water polo at 6:30. Well, I managed to soldier through one of my articles for coral reef ecology that I had to read for this week and then around 3:30pm I fell asleep in lisa's bed for a good two hours. Really, I've been quite exhausted. We ended up going to dinner together and I was questioning water polo because it was a cold day here and the sun sets around 6, but I decided I was excited to go anyways and put on my swim suit and headed over to the pool. It seems that a lot of people were discouraged by the cold because there was a grand total of 6 of us, 5 guys and myself. It was all good though, My RA (the guy who talks to me about polo) was there and he told me who everybody was and we just ran some drills and then played 5-alive because there wasn't really much we could do with so few of us. their version of 5-alive is kind of cool, when you're shooting against somebody with 1 life left you have to backhand it and if you get someone out you don't go in, the person after you does, because otherwise you are getting punished for making a goal. I really liked that rule. They started off saying that they were going to shoot lefty against me because I was a girl, but I insisted they not hold back because that would just be crap. One of the guys agreed and mentioned that I could shoot, so really, there was no need to go easy on me. I ended up being the first one out but managed to save one goal with my face. BALLER. After 5-alive we just did some shooting and I think all of my shots went in. The really good guy (who also happens to be really ridiculously good looking) complemented me on my skillz. We were only in the pool for roughly an hour, but it was nice to just mess around with the guys in the pool. I am super excited about polo every monday and wednesday now and think its funny that I will most likely be the only girl playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment