So I'm now into week 3 of school and I actually have to start getting serious. My coral reef ecology class makes me exhausted after every lecture. I am being packed with so much information in that class it is crazy. I'm talking roughly 3 pages front and back of notes in a 50 minute class period. Fortunately, it is all new stuff and all we really have to do is a few readings and some lab reports which seem to be really quite manageable.
My invertebrate biology class is still kicking my butt. Lab is pretty boring, mainly because I can't focus my eyes properly in the microscope and drawing diagrams of animal tissues isn't exactly my idea of a good time. I had to turn in my first Practical (lab) report this past monday at noon, so hopefully I did everything that they asked for properly. I should be getting the grades back soon enough and will know then.
Photography class is still great! I have a lot of brainstorming left to do for my first project which is due the 27th. I also need to by a flashdrive because I have no idea where mine went...But yes! Raul is great and I have to start brainstorming pairs of opposites.
My biodiversity class is just weird. I don't really have much to do for it, but that is okay, i guess. We went on a fieldtrip this weekend to Rowe's bay to look at the biodiversity gradient of organisms along the coast while the tides were low. We saw a bunch of crabs, snails, and even a few brittle stars (these crazy star fish). My group members and I decided we didn't want to do the write up for this field trip, so we stopped taking notes and just proceeded to poke around at things and try to pick up the overly aggressive crabs. Another highlight of the trip was poking and moving the sea cucumbers..hehehe. For those of you who don't know, irritating them causes them to shoot out these while sticky tubules that look rather....silly. It didn't help that one of the professors along told us that they shoot their sticky stuff into the faces of fish to try to get them to go away. Hilarious.
Today I played hooky from biodiversity because i just couldn't stand staying awake from the 5 to 6 slot, but no worries, my lecturer basically reads directly from the slides which are all posted online. Also, it has been raining all day today! It was just lightly raining after dinner so Pranav and I went for a walk and had a little chat and currently I'm sitting in my room with my balcony door open and it is raining quite hard. It is really quite lovely, but it has forced a large dragonfly into my room which will definitely need to leave before I go to sleep later. I wish I could go for a run, but I feel like alone in the dark at 9pm isn't the safest time to go...oh well. In other news, I missed water polo on monday but saw Nick today (the guy in charge) and he cleared up times, so I will be getting in tomorrow for a little water polo action. I am definitely excited for that!
so yes, not much really going on now that class has started. It is cheap tuesday, but I'm inside doing work instead of going out because I am being a responsible student!
No comments:
Post a Comment