Friday, September 10, 2010

Casino Night! good, but not so good.

Last night a bunch of girls and I decided to hit up the Casino In Townsville and then meet up with a bunch of our pharmacy friends at the club Consortium, where their after Pharmacy Ball party was going to be happening. Turns out last night is the night I learned how much I hate casinos. Laura and I played blackjack, and the stupid thing is that you've got a $15 minimum bet. Well, we both played 3 hands and lost, and that was the end of my gambling. It wasn't even like vegas with free booze for gamblers or anything like that and if you want a drink they can't serve you at the tables, you have to get up and go to the bar to get it yourself. LAME. So yes, i lost $45 in less than 10 minutes. I had planned on winning $3000, but obviously lady luck was not on my side last night. After the casino we made the long walk back to consortium to hang with everybody. They were being VIPs upstairs, an area we weren't allowed in, so 3 of us decided to hit up Flynn's, the irish pub, to get cheaper drinks. Well, let me tell you it was PACKED in there and a lot of fun. Our night started off with this crazy guy named Lee coming up to us and flashing his wedding ring and asking if we were married. Obviously we all said no, but we asked him why he was advertising being married when it seemed like he was trying to pick up. Hilarious. Turns out hes married to an american from Georgia, and he kept talking about how australian men are lazy and they suck and they are really intimidated by how strong and vocal american women are. He then proceeded to tell us that if we wanted free drinks, all we had to do was go up to an aussie and say "Oi, by me a god damn drink". Of course, we tried our luck at this and ended up with some pretty good success! I didn't have to pay for any drinks while there!! Lee taught us how to play coins, its very similar to what we call quarters in the US, and then we had a good long chat about all sorts of things, including solar panels. Meanwhile, there was this creepy drunk fat man dancing with his corona in the background. I think I almost peed my pants laughing at his dancing, it was great. We got some other random guy to buy us a round of drinks and took a photo with him, and then eventually this younger guy sat down with us. He looked at me and immediate told me that I went to uni, lived at university hall, and specifically in the townhouses. I was a little weirded out that he knew all of this information, but he admitted that he saw me a lot during meals and lives on the second floor of the main building. So yes, less creepy. Should I be flattered? I'm not sure. But anyways, he turned out to be a nice guy and not creepy for the rest of the conversation, his name was Levi. After sufficient free drinks, we left and headed back to consortium for some dancing. This time we lied to the people at the front and said we were with pharmacy ball, so they gave us wristbands to get upstairs. HUZZAH! Eventually something or other happened and I guess I got upset and I left to go to the bus stop and have a nice long cry. While taking said good cry, a crazy aboriginal woman and two girls from uni came up to check if i was okay. I was okay, but just crying a lot. The aboriginal woman put her arm around me and told me all sorts of encouragement, and i think she was mildly inebriated. She yelled a lot of weird things too, but a lot of it had to do with aboriginal men having more than one wife and telling me that i shouldn't let boys bother me and that there was nothing wrong with me. Overall, andrea was quite nice, even if she seemed a bit crazy. Everybody soon showed up at the bus stop, but i didn't want to have anything to do with them, so i kept talking to the two chicks from uni who were also very sweet. i sat next to one of them on the bus and she provided some more emotional support now that i no longer had Andrea. LOL. During the busride I found that I REALLY had to pee, and by the time we got to our bus stop so i could go to my room i REALLY REALLY was about to explode. I booked it off the bus, because I had to pee so bad, I walked up the stairs, got to the outside door, put my key into the lock and....the door wont open. I tried frantically to open it but it just would not work. Turns out that sometime during the night my key somehow got demagnetized. Awesome. I was about to piss myself, but luckily Theresa let me in so I didn't have to pee in the bushes. I was hoping the key would still work on my room door, but of course, it didn't work there either. Somebody had to call an RA at 3am so that they could open my room. it sucked. So yes, that was my big friday night, parts could have been better, but i definitely enjoyed the little bit we spend at Flynn's.

Update on the keys: I went to shower this morning and accidentally closed the door so i was standing in the hall in my towel again. I had to ask my neighbor to call an RA for me because I couldn't get to my phone. obviously. I had to keep my door propped open all day until just around 2pm when the head of hall finally came in to give me a spare. Shit took forever, but at least I have some spare keys now and don't have to leave my door open so I don't get locked out.

1 comment:

  1. I have never played at the $15 minimum bet tables in Vegas- I stick to the $5 or $3, and only hit up the $10 if I'm feeling 1. stupid and 2. there's absolutely nothing else available.
    Save you pennies, we'll go to Vegas when we're both stateside again.

    ReplyDelete