Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Races




Saturday was the day that everybody dressed up and went out to the races for the day. By races I mean horse races. The girls and I didn't go because it was expensive, but we still dressed up and went out downtown to the bars at night with everyone else as is customary to do after a day of getting drunk at the races. Out was fun and we didn't get back until 3 am. Jeppo hooked us up with some free drinks at Mad Cow because she knows the managers and we danced all night. They placed spice girls AND the macarena, talk about a good night!Unfortunately,Cameron got kicked out of the bar before we had really started the evening. He found a leopard print pimp hat and jacket on a table and decided to put them on. He put them back before the bouncers got to him, but they gave him a speech about how they don't tolerate thieves in their bar and kicked him out. Le major bummer. We still managed to have a pretty quality night thought. The bus ride home was ridiculous and lisa gave up her seat to a guy who looked like he was going to pass out. I spent the entire bus ride with him encroaching seriously on my personal space. I think that about covers saturday night. Just the usual out to the bars and dancing, nothing too special.

In other news, I emailed the woman in charge of housing at George Roberts hall to see if there was a room open there for me. I'm there all the time because that's where all of my buddies live and i spent the weekend sleeping on the girls' couch cushions because the 10 minute walk back to my dorm isn't exactly safe at night and the boys strongly warned me against doing it. Basically it just makes sense for me to move there. I'm pretty sure it's too late for me to move there because it is a little late now and I think all the rooms are full, but who knows? Doesn't hurt to ask, right? It will be a little more expensive but at least I will be near my buddies and I won't have to sleep on a floor or walk back late at night by myself. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Hopefully I will know by tomorrow.

As for right now, I'm tempted to go for a run or a swim. It looked like it was going to rain and started sprinkling on my way home, but for now its just cloudy and a little cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment